This is me being fussy – I know – but I don’t really like wood bearing on steel bolts. Thus I wanted to put a bush into the rudder plate to act as a bearing. I was going to use acetal/Delrin but this is tricky to bond to the rudder blade, so I used iroko instead. While this is still wood it is very tough and pretty much waterproof. It can also be epoxied to the rudder blade.
Replaced a tap in the kitchen this week. The old tap leaked and it wasn’t possible to fix it. It should be a straightforward job but as usual there were issues…
The main issue was that the hole in the worktop is too big for the new tap – the edge of the tap would only overlap the hole by about 1mm. Not enough. So I made an adapter from acetal/Delrin.
I know that the centreboard is missing varnish, and it hurts to put wood into water with no protection. So I needed to get the board out. First stage of this is getting the bolt out. On a Wanderer this sits under the floorboards and has two nuts – presumably the second is a lock-nut. Continue reading
Small job this, but it had been bugging me for a long time. We’ve got a cheap bathroom cupboard and the handles looked like this:
Now the handles look like this:
Varnished with Le Tonkinois varnish – a great product.