Improved sheet on Custard

Finally got round to doing some improvements on Custard.

Firstly, I’ve changed the sheets to this:

Improved sheets for Custard – good anti-twist and easy reefing

Here’s a picture of it on the boat. I’ve put it together with the current blocks and string – they aren’t ideal but will do for now.

New sheet in place

It seems to work ok – much better than the previous versions anyway.

I’ve also added pockets under the thwart for the running rigging. These lines tend to get tangled on the floor, which can be embarassing if I was relying on dropping the sail to avoid hitting a jetty… Hopefully the lines can be flaked into the pockets and will run freely out.

Test fitting for port pockets

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.